Community discussions

MikroTik App

intasarkhan
just joined
Topic Author

Configuration saving Issue in hEX 6.48.6

Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:50 am

Hello,

I observe a dramatic issue with the device of RouterBoard hEX 6.48.6 (long-term). Everything is working fine since 12 month and there were no need was required to configure more things but as time passed so we decide to expand and configure more things and restrict some users on bandwidth.

I just edit the > Queues < to limit speed so i just edit some of Queues to limit users speed, there is no issue when i edit them and the changes made place but once the Routerboard Restart then all the settings/changes i have made will be flushed.

Dramatic changes is that old settings that all remain save that i configure before the months, and QUEUES which i edit/modify will back to old configuration.

My question is what is this issue ? as i check its resources and found that HDD have low space that maybe the issue but i want expert advise on it because i read in few net articles that this can be the hardware issue within the device.

i attached screen shoot of resources for your analyse,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Configuration saving Issue in hEX 6.48.6

Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:48 pm

Too little free space. It seems to me that when saving config ROS creates a file with new config (so old config plus/minus changes). When done writing the new file, it removes the old one and renames the new one.

The way out: I'm affraid you'll have to netinstall device. Before that, export current config to text file (binary backup won't help) and copy it off device. Also make note of users, passwords and certificates, they are not exported into file.
Then netinstall device, select option to not keep current config. Also make sure you only install minimum numver of optional packages, they consume storage even if they are disabled. Also: you may want to install latest long-term version (6.49.10 at the time of writing this). After that, use winbox (MAC connectivity) to connect, upload the expo
rted file and try to import it. It's important to start with empty config (default has a few settings that will break importing your file). If importing fails, do it manually, copy-paste shorter sections of exported file and deal with errors as they pop-up.
And another important thing: address lists consume considerable amount of storage (because hEX' 16MB storage is tiny), any address list with more than a few hundred entries can push your hEX over the edge again.