Community discussions

MikroTik App

vostica
just joined
Topic Author

UniFi Controller container on RB5009 will not start after reboot

Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:43 am

HI
My Docker on RB5009 was running very well and after rebooting it wont start any more. I have used the command :
/container/start 0
 0 name="73193e3a-6d1a-4778-b6eb-5441d252fde1" tag="linuxserver/unifi-controller:latest" os="linux" arch="arm64" interface=veth1 root-dir=usb1-part1/unifi mounts="" dns="" 
   workdir="/usr/lib/unifi" logging=yes status=stopped

jvanhambelgium
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: UniFi Controller container on RB5009 will not start after reboot

Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:16 am

Are you sure your USB-storage is still "usb1-part1" ?
Don't know the release you are running, but I had the same with RB5009 on some where where each reboot the USB-drive/partition was named differently!

This whole container thing on eg. RB5009 still is a bit "hit & miss" for me compared to containers on eg. my Synology NAS that simply ..... work ..... always .....It's just not 100% predictable on RouterOS....

spippan

Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:08 am

same thing for all my containers on my RB1100AHx4
after a reboot i always have to copy the container, re-insert the tag (..:latest, or whatever), remove the old one, let the new one extract and after that i am able to start up them again.

annoying

RyperX
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:45 pm

I had the same problem over months and the end i had to reformat my USB Drive.
I switched now to an USB-SSD-Drive and everything works flawless.
Maybe worth a try for you.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:56 pm

Yeah container's disk seem "fragile". There are a lot of corner cases just not covered that come up in the real world.

Mainly if ROSE or USB is not mounted when the container try to start, it doesn't try again. If disk name changes due plugging in new things, also a problem. And changing IP of VETH is generally problematic at best. If reboot was because of an RouterOS software upgrade...well...always possible change that break what was working.

My advice if this keep happening is not use "Start at Boot" option, and instead script the script in schedule to it starts after 30s or something (and checks the disk). And yeah use a quality USB disk and formatted by RouterOS might be a good idea too.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:14 pm

Mainly if ROSE or USB is not mounted when the container try to start, it doesn't try again.
Sounds like the old Wireguard and DNS problem...

spippan

Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:23 pm

Yeah container's disk seem "fragile". There are a lot of corner cases just not covered that come up in the real world.

Mainly if ROSE or USB is not mounted when the container try to start, it doesn't try again. If disk name changes due plugging in new things, also a problem. And changing IP of VETH is generally problematic at best. If reboot was because of an RouterOS software upgrade...well...always possible change that break what was working.

My advice if this keep happening is not use "Start at Boot" option, and instead script the script in schedule to it starts after 30s or something (and checks the disk). And yeah use a quality USB disk and formatted by RouterOS might be a good idea too.
thanks, i was thinking of scripting the start anyways after a reboot. i use an internal ssd on the RB1100 for docker storage so this SHOULD (always) stay the same ;-D