Community discussions

MikroTik App

katari
just joined
Topic Author

Minecraft Server, SSH, etc... protocol issue with RouterOS v7

Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:25 pm

Hello! I'm using RouterOS v7 x86, ISP assigned me IP 1.53.214.0/24. Internal IP is 192.168.1.0/24. I don't know if I installed it wrong or if the error comes from the ISP or RouterOS. Other activities such as surfing the web are very normal and stable. But the problem is just connecting to Minecraft Servers always responds "Connection timed out: No further information", I can't connect to any servers except those with the same IP range with ISP, even the ISP has no idea about it. (1)
There is also a confusing error: if from outside SSH to my IP (I run a small server at home), they can get in, but only within my network when connecting SSH, RDP, etc. ... (almost anything i guess?) to Mikrotik's public address but it is timed out (2)
Since I'm new to the RouterOS environment, I don't understand why. Please help me.

Example for (1)

Example for (2)

Same IP with RouterOS ( of course I still can access it via local IP )

Different IP with RouterOS ( or a VPN enabled ):

Thanks to those who reading this and trying help me to fix this!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheCat12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Minecraft Server, SSH, etc... protocol issue with RouterOS v7

Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:28 pm

Most probably the problem is with the ISP and they haven't made the necessary port forwarding, which would allow connections to your Minecraft servers and would give an explanation to the SSH problem.

anovojr
just joined

Re: Minecraft Server, SSH, etc... protocol issue with RouterOS v7

Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:22 pm

Well, yeah the issue might be with the ISP, have you check it? For the SSH and RDP issues within your network, it seems like a case of hairpin NAT not being configured or working as intended. This is where traffic from your internal network to your public IP isn't being routed back correctly.

A good starting point is to check your NAT rules and firewall settings, ensuring that they're correctly set up to allow the necessary traffic for Minecraft. While troubleshooting, it might also be helpful to look into minecraft server lists, which can give you a broader range of servers to test connections with.