Community discussions

MikroTik App

goodbye
Topic Author

Lorawan automotive sensor solution

Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:16 am

Hello!

Have we anyone here with experience with doing remote diagnostic monitoring and logging of automotive 12V and/or 24V DC power systems?

Example scenario:
Winter-weather equipment battery power status monitoring during the off-seasons.

I feel like this is an ideal scenario for LoRaWAN-connected sensors.

It'd be great if there's prior art for the sensor hardware to accomplish this but I'm not immediately finding much that's promising after spending some time googling, outside of a single RadioBridge/MultiTech voltage sensor that's a bit more money-per-unit than one would hope.
https://radiobridge.com/products/wirele ... age-sensor

Ideally, one would want hall-effect-based current monitoring in addition to voltage monitoring, with configurable monitoring and wireless-status-update intervals to optimize battery use, and an ability to charge the sensor's internal battery off of the vehicle's electrical system when it's either running or connected to a battery tender.

Anyhow, if anyone out there has done anything like this, or has input/recommendations based off of more practical experience with the tech and/or the relevant markets than I do (which is none), I'd appreciate your feedback!

Thank you!