Community discussions

MikroTik App

helpfulunderneath
just joined
Topic Author

WebFig Skins no longer working

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 am

Hi there,

Has skins being deprecated in recent RouterOS? I am on 7.14.2 and uploading a skin via scp doesn't work, I can upload the json file to the root of the Mikrotik but no longer under /skins/ folder:
 scp engineers.json admin@my-fw:/skins/engineers.json
scp: dest open "/skins/engineers.json": Unknown status
scp: failed to upload file engineers.json to /skins/engineers.json
However once I create the skin in webfig and it shows automatically in files, then I can upload since the folder exists
scp engineers.json admin@my-fw:/skins/engineers.json
engineers.json   
So the first issue is seems to be creating folders, I tried hacking it with smb share then deleting it, despite not being ideal, that didn't work either.

The weirdest thing is that under the skin dropdown for the group, it doesn't show any skin, either the one I uploaded or the one the Mikrotik created itself!

Am I going crazy or the feature is bugged out?

Thanks

P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

infabo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: WebFig Skins no longer working

Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:41 pm

Just create a new skin and compare/see where it gets stored. This should answer your question where to put the Json file correctly.

abbio90
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: WebFig Skins no longer working

Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:37 am

what hardware do you use? I used a routerboard with 7.14.2 just yesterday and the skin folder was present. In any case I would do as advised. log in from webfig and draw a skin and see where it is saved