Community discussions

MikroTik App

valyno
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik CRS326 RM - WebUI & Winbox disconections

Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:07 pm

Hello !
I have a CRS 326 in my home since 2021 as my main switch.
From times to times, I am connecting into the webadimin page to check on updates.
Last week I connected and I am experiencing constant disconnections fro the WebUI or from Winbox or from the app on my cellphone.
So whatever the machine I am suing, I am suffering very frequent disconnections.
I have been able to update the very last firmware (7.14.2) and after this update, it is even worse.
I tried to reboot the switch, without success.

I have maybe 12 active devices connected to it, one vlan for my ISP TV, it is plugged to a UPS APC, booted with RouterOS.
I tried to assign a static IP address on my Asus router (running Asus-Merlin).

Have you any idea of what can causes these frequent disconnections?
Thks for your help!
Valyno

valyno
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Mikrotik CRS326 RM - WebUI & Winbox disconections

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:25 am

Hello,
I managed to consult the logs and I can see hundreds of messages like this one:
ether1: bridge RX looped packet - MAC xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -> xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx ETHERTYPE 0x0800 IP UDP 0.0.0.0:xx -> 255.255.255.255:xx
My switch is in bridge mode and the port ethernet one is the wan port.

I am not able to figure out what this message means and how to solve the issue..
Thks for your support !
V

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:59 am

Your topology description is a bit fuzzy ... but combined with log entry it indicates you might have some misconfiguration of your device ...

valyno
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:28 pm

Hi MKX,
thks for your time!

My set-up:
- fiber box from SIP (Free, in France): mode bridge
- TV player from ISP, plugged on a vlan100
- router: Asus AX88U with Asus-Merlin (with specific setting for IPTV, Free selected, port 4 on the router is dedicated to it)
- switch Mikrotik CRS326, mode bridge and vlan 100 on port eth13, where the TV player from ISP is plugged
- switch Netgear GS308 plugged on the Mikrotik for additional RJ45ports
- devices are plugged into the swith through RJ45 cables coming from all wall RJ45 plugs
- few devices plugged directly to the Asus' router ports

About the TV player:
normally, the ISP box is the router on the network and it creates a Vlan 100 to broadcast the IPTV service to the TV Player which is connected to the ISP box either by Wifi or through CPL plugs attached to the devices wall plugs.
But because I want to user my own router, I set the ISP one as a bridge only By doing so, we are loosing the TV player connection.
The vlan 100 created on the switch + the setting in the router to set the IPTV service (I am not sure what the actual setting in Asus-Merlin is doing...)

I hope my explanations will give more clarity on my network...

V

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:11 pm

Are there any of devices you listed in your previous post which are interconnected with more than single UTP cable? In particular I'm thinking of connection between AX88U and CRS326 ... To be on the "fast" side: please ammend the description with exhastive list of connection between the devices you're mentioning ... which port to which port.

Why I'm asking: the error message may indicate a loop in your physical network topology.

valyno
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 am

Hi Mkx,
Sorry for my late answer, I have been out of town a while.

So, coming back to my set-up:

- fiber box from SIP (Free, in France): mode bridge
- router: Asus AX88U with Asus-Merlin (with specific setting for IPTV, Free selected, port 4 on the router is dedicated to it)
Wan port connected to the ISP fiber box
Lan 1 in dual wan, connected to a LTE 4G router in failover mode
Lan 2 connected to a Netgear switch (GS308)
Lan 3 connected to Mikrotik switch
Lan 4 linked to IPTV player in living room, configured as is in the Asus Merlin router's menu
Lan 5 linked to an Apple Airport Express
Lan 6 linked to ISP"s fiber box IPTV output port
Lan 7 & 8 : nothing connected
- TV player from ISP, connected to port 13 of the MK switch
- switch Mikrotik CRS326, mode bridge and vlan 100 set on port eth13, where the TV player from ISP is plugged, switch is receiving all the rooms RJ45 cables, Sonos speakers, some ATVs, few PCs, printer, 3 other routers set-up as wifi access points. Switch is having a static IP address.
- switch Netgear GS308 plugged to Asus router main router, few domotics gateways connected to it

I hope these details will provide more understanding on my network.
Thks for your help!
Valyno