Community discussions

MikroTik App

pikapika
just joined
Topic Author

2 gateway VPN need help.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:37 am

Hi everyone, newbie here,

so i want to create a vpn that incoming from ISP A and exit to ISP B, because for some reason ISP A cannot open certain web. and ISP B speed is very fast.

so im imagine using open vpn to connect to the mikrotik from ISP A and exit to ISP B is that possible? and the ISP B cannot do port forwarding.
i tried to configure but getting nowhere.

diagram.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mesquite

Re: 2 gateway VPN need help.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:10 pm

Are you saying Router 1 is physically connected to the Mikrotik by ethernet cable??
Does either ISPA or ISPB have a public IP address??

pikapika
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:21 am

Hi, thank you for replying, yes, router 1 is connected using ethernet cable. both ISP have public IP.

Mesquite

Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:04 am

Well what is the make model of Router1??
Why is your pC that is supposed to be connected at Router1, not behind the router
but on the internet in the cloud reaching router 1 through the ISP??

Also does router 1 have a public IP? If so static or dynamic.
Assuming the mikrotk gets a private IP and can you forward any ports on the ISP H. router.

pikapika
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:30 am

well my pc is on another place / city. ISB B has unlimited traffic internet and no traffic limitation can open any web. so i must connect it to my office, which has 2 internet. . ISP A and ISP B. but sadly ISP B dont accept, ip forwarding and cannot reach the mikrotik or vpn server behiund it. if i set it up behind ISP B. but can reach it with ISP A. so my idea is reach from isp A and exit thru ISP B.

router 1 has public IP it's a static one. unless i restart the modem the ip will change.

Mesquite

Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:02 pm

If the routers were switched, it may be doable as you could VPN into Mikrotik connected to ISPA.
Then you would simply make the connection to ROUTERB as WAN2 on router MT getting a private IP on that LAN connection
DHCP provided by router2.........
One would source nat out WAN2 on the mikrotik and then your internet traffic should flow just fine.
Of course one would have to take care of some routing on the MT and some firewall rules but all doable

You never answered the question, what is make model router A??

pikapika
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:36 pm

it's a ASUS ax53u just common wifi modem that connect to internet. it has open vpn server capability too. do you think it could be utilized too?

Mesquite

Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:52 pm

As stated much more is possible if you switch positions of the routers.