- I live in a big city in a high story building (there are lots of them around my location)
- I cannot see any telecom antennas/BS from my balcony
- The signal is quite poor - my Pixel 5 phone shows 3/4 bars connection quality in a few specific places of my flat only.
- During power outages the connection quality drops from 4g(LTE) to H+/H/E (my guess is that the base stations go into a power saving mode and a lot of people try to use the mobile internet)
- There is no 5G in my country (Ukraine), only LTE. I did quick research and here's what bands are used: 4G LTE-FDD B3/B7/B8
I want to improve the connection quality as much as possible, it's very vital for me
I'm thinking to buy a dedicated Mikrotik LTE device. And maybe a mANT LTE 5o antenna to improve the connection further. As I understand the antenna is 360 wide, which should help in my situation where I have no BS in sight, I guess. The device will be placed either on the balcony or inside a room (I'll find the best spot) and I don't mind if it's in an outdoor enclosure. Access point functionality is nice to have but I'm OK if it's ethernet only. POE is also a nice to have and I do want as lower power consumption as possible because I plan to add some sort of DC UPS to the setup.
Money is no concern - I do need to improve my chances of better LTE connectivity no matter what.
What product should I choose? Thanks in advance!