I am trying to learn both networking basics and RouterOS.
- RB5009 as a Router
- cAP XL ac as Acces Point
My current setup is simple home wifi:
Router has one bridge for all ports (except port1 WAN), one 192.168.2.0/24 network and one DHCP server. There are no custom firewall rules except of what was set by default.
Under Port 2 is connected cAP XL and it is given a static lease address 192.168.2.3.
cAP is broadcadsting two SSIDs: miranda + miranda5. All it's interfaces (ethernet and wireless) are under one bridge, so effectively connecting to WiFi I am in 192.168.2.0 network. There is no DHCP server nor client.
This setup works OK and I assume it is generally correct.
Now my goal is to add another isolated 'guest' SSID. I tried following this tutorial: https://xan.manning.io/2015/12/05/creat ... eros6.html
The new guest network is created and I can connect to it, however without internet access. This is short summary of extra steps for `guest` wifi:
- add new guest_bridge
- add new virtual wireless interface (and set it master) and add it to guest_bridge. Also set SSID and guest_profile
- add new IP address for guest_bridge: 172.16.0.1
- add DHCP server and new network 172.16.0.0/16 and guest_IP_pool
- for above network, set gateway and DNS to 172.16.0.1
- add Firewall NAT masquerade
I did not complete network isolation steps from tutorial, since no internet is accessible from `guest` wifi
Can anybody please take a look and tell me what am I missing?
I attach screenshots and configuartions of both devices.